Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Workin on some stuff for my animation project





Johnny was a chemist’s son
His head stuffed full of brains
While Johnny’s thoughts were rocket ships,
Other kids’ thoughts were trains
  
Johnny’s father noticed Johnny
Seldom saw the light of day
So Johnny’s father pushed pale Johnny
Out into the sun to play.

Johnny couldn’t swing a bat
Johnny couldn’t catch a ball
Science was his life-long love
His home, the lecture hall

“Outside is too unpredictable,
I need some time to think.
Besides, the sun is parching me,
And I think I need a drink!”

Johnny was a chemist’s son
But Johnny is no more
What Johnny thought was H2O
Was H2SO4



I found the last stanza as a short poem somewhere online and thought that this would make a great short film. My dad and I elaborated on it and took turns writing the extra stanzas in order to create a conflict for the story.

so here are the characters!
Johnny is fully drawn in orthographic views. His father is only partly seen throughout the film so i only designed his hands and feet.

Storyboards are coming sooooon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my god, that poem. That last verse. SO AWESOME LOL

    ReplyDelete